Muskingum Children Available for Adoption (click on a name below):
Who Can Adopt?
Adopting a child through Muskingum County Children Services can be a rewarding and heartfelt experience for the adopted child and adopting parent(s). Providing a permanent home for a child is a lifelong family commitment. Adoption requires love as well as dedication and responsibility, and can be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life.
- Applicants may be single, married, divorced, or widowed;
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age; must complete 36 hours of pre-service training;
- Applicants must be self-supporting;
- Applicants must participate in a home assessment that includes a physical exam and criminal background checks; and,
- Applicants must be emotionally mature and able to give unconditional love to a child.
To accommodate busy schedules, Muskingum County Children Services offers pre-service training three times a year. Please see our training schedule for dates and times. We also offer support and assistance during the adoption process to answer your questions and to help ensure a smooth transition.
There is no fee for adoptive placement. After adoption finalization, financial help may be available based on the child's eligibility and the ability of the adoptive family to meet the needs of the adopted child.
For more information about fostering or adopting a child, please call Muskingum County Children Services at 740-455-6710.